Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Book review: Neferet's Curse by P.C. & Kristen Cast


A quick book nook for ya! This would be the first book associated with the House of Night series I have read. Keep that in mind as I relay my thoughts on the novella Neferet's Curse, written by P.C. & Kristen Cast. 

A delightfully easy read, definitely geared towards the more mature teen audience. However, an adult can enjoy the story just as much since the literary content is somewhat dark, and graduated. 

In the couple of hours it took for me to read the book in its entirety, I was continually and pleasantly surprised by how many underlying stories developed. I was captivated from start to finish. I appreciated being able to understand the story without having read anything else associated with the House of Night series, and although it has a fantastical element to it, the pages read more realistic and relatable. 

I'd definitely recommend this book to mature, young adult females. The writing style  is presented in a way that I believe that target demographic would embrace and identify with. As an adult reader, this leaves me wanting to follow the characters and the authors make it very easy to feel as if you're a fly on the wall page after page. 

I encourage you to borrow the book from a library near you and report back with your thoughts and comments!

Happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment